The Juniper Hills West trail offers bikers and pedestrians a quiet, pleasant route from downtown to Juniper Hills Park and on to the West side shopping centers and schools. It passes through many West side neighborhoods allowing residents access to important destinations with a short walk or bike ride.
- Total length: 6.7 miles
- Hard surface multi-use trail: 1.3 miles
- Shared-road: 0.6 miles
- Marked road and sidewalk: 4.3 miles Sidewalk only: 0.5 miles
- 2008: City of Frankfort awarded federal Safe Routes to Schools funds to build sidewalks and a pedestrian-bicycle path in the Bondurant Middle School area.
- 2010: Lafayette Road re-striped to include space for bicycles on uphill slope, providing a lower-traffic alternative to US 60 between South and West Frankfort.
- 2015: City of Frankfort and Franklin County Public Schools announced that the survey and preliminary design phase were completed for the Bondurant Connectivity Project.