posted Jan 17, 2014, 11:23 AM by Nathan Rome
updated Jan 17, 2014, 12:29 PM
WalkBike Frankfort is currently seeking applicants for the position of Chair for the Governor’s Autumn Bicycle Ride Across Kentucky (GABRAKY). GABRAKY is a 4-day event that teams up with State Parks to offer a unique tour on some of the most scenic back roads in the state. (Visit GABRAKY.com or this RAM Cyling post for more info.) The ride proceeds currently benefit the Grand Theatre, in Frankfort, and Walk/Bike Frankfort. The chair is a volunteer leadership position whose duties include:
- Select GABRAKY committee members and chair an ad hoc committee of WalkBike Frankfort and attend monthly WalkBike board meetings
- Set meeting dates and agenda items with Bill Cull of The Grand Theatre and chair meetings at the Grand
- Assign tasks to committee members and see that they are met by appropriate deadlines
- Registration set-up and administration
- Communicate with potential GABRAKY riders (phone/email) re: ride info and questions
- Send out emails to all cyclists regarding things to know about each days ride.
- Provide GABRAKY support staff with t-shirts from Bill Cull
- Co-ordinate check payments from The Grand Theatre (Bill Cull) to:
- Elkhorn Campgrounds
- Kentucky State Parks (Frankfort)
- My Old Kentucky Home State Park : One for camping; One for meals (Dinner Friday/ Breakfast Saturday)
- Caterer for Saturday lunch and dinner and Sunday breakfast
- Green River Lake State Park
- Dale Hollow Lake State Resort Park: One for showers; One for box-lunches
- Coordinate ride during the actual dates either in person or with designee
- Provide Saturday and Sunday ride sheets to cyclists and ensure everyone signs the sign-in sheet prior to departing in the morning.
- Send follow-up thank-you email to all GABRAKY 2014 riders and support
Anyone interested in serving in the capacity of GABRAKY Chair should contact Donna Hecker, WalkBike Frankfort president, at 502-330-5835 or firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than February 15, 2014.